The average news: Eventually, I am going to be a teacher. I'll grade papers. I'll get frustrated about capitalization errors. I'll convince my students to say "cadaver" instead of "whatever." Yes, the days will begin early, but let's be honest - the only things keeping me up late these days are Scrabulous and The Daily Puppy. I can give those up for the poor, sweet, bad-spelling children (or even poor, sweet, pretty-good-spelling-children-who-just-need-to-work-on-dangling-participles).
The bad news: I won't get to roll around Harlem in a black, tinted Lincoln Town Car. Well, I could, but with the cost of housing in New York and the teacher's salary, buying a $42,000 car isn't reasonable. Plus, in order to go true American Gangster, I'd have to kill people in cold blood. That's not my style. And I'd have to leave the Pacific Northwest. I like it here. It's geographically diverse, and my neighbors like to recycle.
The good news: I'll never have to worry about corrupt police officers stealing my getaway cash or slapping my significant other. (Note: My significant other is a tough guy who might slap that corrupt police officer right back, but there is enough slapping in the world. Nooo mooore slapping!) In fact, when I tell people that I'm a teacher, they'll say, "Aw." If I told someone I was an important and influential gangster, they wouldn't believe me. They'd say, "Kelly, you are too precious to be a gangster," and they'd be right.
Not living a life of crime,
KJW
1 comment:
You're not playing Scrabulous with me, which is just silly. Nice blogging. We should link to each other's blogs and create a mutual blog fan base... blog.
Post a Comment