Thursday, November 8, 2007

Go round and round

So, I'm leaning on the bus stop (because they removed the benches) reading Infidel, when this short, skinny, muttering lady asks if I have a light. While I am responding that no, I don't have a light, she exclaims, "You look just like Sissy Spacek! You could be her daughter!" Then some other man lights her cigarette and she leaves.

Lies! I don't look anything like Sissy Spacek! But I totally have that shirt. And that body.

The bus is even sillier than the stop. I have overheard two cell phone breakups in the last week. Actually, one was a "I'm hanging up, shutting off my phone, and I hope I never see or hear from you again" and the other was a "Well, I'm on the bus so I can't explain now, but basically you weren't enough for me anymore." Ouch. The poor suckers on the other ends of those conversations should know better than to date someone who has personal conversations on the bus. I limit my bus cell phone use to paying bills, especially ones where I give out my credit card info, social security number, etc.

And if I DO ever have a personal conversation on the bus, I will have it in Arabic. The woman sitting across from me was chatting in Arabic, and I couldn't eavesdrop at all. That was very crafty of her.

Now, I think I will go eat an apple.

2 comments:

Marc in the City said...

Kelly, the picture of Sissy Spacek isn't showing up. I went to a crazy book party last night that I'll have to tell you all about later. Because it's work-related I can't really blog about it.

Anonymous said...

You have a much cuter nose than Sissy.

Your mama