Friday, November 30, 2007

Sometimes I get to the forefront of the language evolution without even trying.

Several words that are now part of my everyday vocabulary started as occasional mocking words. (These are not to be confused with mockingbirds.) For example, I once hated when people said "freaking" instead of the f-bomb, so I mocked them. "It's so freaking cold!" I would exclaim, laughing at the silliness of it.

Now, I use "freaking" all the time. It's so stupid. Here are some other words that have weaseled their way into my vocabulary:
-Babycakes (as in when the boyfriend calls and I answer, "Hey Babycakes!" and then I get embarrassed because my classmates are nearby and laugh at me)
-Deets (short for "details", recently adopted from Teen Beat magazine)
-Delish (short for "delicious", I am not sure where I got this)

And twenty minutes ago, as I was checking off items on the To-Do List I wrote for myself last night, I discovered...


-Fo'

No comments: