New Hampshire votes tomorrow. You know how excited I am? So excited that I am AGAIN going to wear my red shirt, white camisole, and blue jeans. Last time, it was a coincidence. Tomorrow, it is pure, 100%, American patriotism.
To be honest, I don't care which of the probable candidates gets NH's electoral votes. I like both Obama and Clinton, and I will say yes when either of them ask me to run as their VP.
Hypothetical Person could ask, "But what about the Repubbers, KJW?"
I could respond, "First, Hypothetical, I'd like to applaud you for using the word 'Repubbers.' It's adorable and fun, and the right-wingers will adopt the term if they know what's good for them. As for my thoughts on the leading NH Repubber candidates, Huckabee and McCain...
"While I disagree wildly with The Hucks and moderately with McCain on most issues, both of them seem to have some level of moral fiber that Rudy 'Kelly Didn't Hate Me in the Debates But She Still Understandably Despises Me' Giuliani lacks.
"More importantly, however, is that the country would not elect a Baptist Minister into office. I would not allow it. I would put on an apron (mostly to fit in, but also because they're cute), stroll into those evangelical towns, bake them cookies, and tell them how my business-owning boyfriend hunts. Once they adored me and were convinced I was one of them...
...ok, I haven't got past the apron part. But I would think of something.
"And if McCain eventually gets the nomination rather than Hucky Huckerson, and then is somehow elected into office, I would simply frown and say, 'This is bad, but it could have been worse, and I will not leave the United States in protest.
"In sum, Hypothetical Asker, the Demmers will be fine no matter what. The Repubbers will either choose someone unelectable (and undelectable, for that matter) or someone not 100% stupid. Together, we can deal."
Hypothetical Asker could say, "You da bomb, Kelly Jean."
I could say, "Yes, a Democratic information bomb!"
Then we could watch CNN and eat unblended chunks of blueberry and banana in yogurt.
1 comment:
If Huckabee is elected I will leave the United States. I make that promise now. I will transfer to a company in Canada, and not look back. In a way I kind of want that to happen, I really like Vancouver. So, you know, good luck Huck.
Post a Comment