I'll post more pictures, but here are a few taken on our Santa Fe day. (Intentional rhyme.) All are camera phone quality. In fact, a few are camera phone after margarita quality. Forgive me.
All the buildings we saw in Santa Fe were pueblo style. This was one of my favorite hotels. The lights are luminarias. They are, in my always-correct opinion, the classiest holidays decorations.
Here are the fellows in the Plaza. (Maybe it's just the "plaza" - lowercase. I refuse to spend time on official names.) (Well, any MORE time. You know.) Gabriel is on the left, my brother is in the middle, and John is on the right. I love them. These folks took my trip from pretty swell to I-need-to-go-back-immediately swell.
This is the Saint Francis of Assisi Cathedral. Actually, it is MORE than a cathedral (which, for you non-Catholic weirdos, is the church for the bishop of a certain archdiocese) (and you might not exactly know the definition of a bishop or have even heard of an archdiocese, but I am done being responsible for your education). It is a basilica! And no, a basilica is not some poison from Harry Potter. According to J & G, it's "a really old cathedral." Fancy, fancy!
Here, Brother and I hold on for fake dear life on a fake innertube being fake floated in by a fake woman. That was fun. This sculpture was one of hundreds (maybe) of art pieces along Canyon Road. Canyon Road is like the art version of... well, let's make it an analogy.Kelly Walden's Room: Awesome
Canyon Road: Art
More to come, you sweet, sweet darlings.
1 comment:
Kelly!!! Gabe and I loved having you here!!! Can't wait to do it again.
John
jonalcon@hotmail.com
Post a Comment