Monday, January 21, 2008

It's only possible because he's fictional: Atticus Finch > me

I have done more homework this past week than I would do in an entire quarter of my undergrad. I wasn't particularly diligent those four years, but still. That's a lot of studying in not a lot of days.

In addition to the scholarly work, I made espresso, hung out with the fam, and combined rice noodles with chicken broth to make what the roommate aptly dubbed "serf soup." "Serf soup" sounds a little like "surf's up." Both relate to sodium. Can we agree that's not a coincidence?

Yes, we can.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must return to all the studying. As our dear Atticus Finch says, "Simply because we were licked a hundred years before we started is no reason for us not to try to win." Except, you know, this studying isn't as important as Atty's case, and I wasn't licked a hundred years ago, and now I'm feeling bad about trying to apply the quote to my situation.

In sum, I'm studying hard, and I love Atticus Finch.

No comments: