Sunday, February 24, 2008

Best Weekend Ever.

Here is a list of why this was the Best Weekend Ever (capitalization necessary to properly communicate the awesomeness):

-Fremont with NicUnCool. I couldn't handle that Nic had seen the Fremont Troll and I hadn't, so we hopped in my really sporty car and headed down to our favorite Bohemian neighborhood. The sunshine was saying, "Heeey ladies!" and the Greek food was saying, "I am so delicious and affordable!" and the bridge was saying, "Ding ding ding! Get off me! I am going to split so a precious sailboat can float underneath!" Good job being Fremont, Fremont.

-Productivity like whoa. I have a few professors writing me letters of recommendation, and they better include what a champion I was this weekend. So far, I have written a 9-page paper (it had no minimum, mind you, so I could have slacked and gotten by on a measly 5 pages), a 2-page reflection, and a 3-page goal statement. Additionally, I read and underlined 4 articles (totaling 80 pages, more or less), 1 chapter (30ish pages), 3 classmates' reflections, and 1 classmate's essay draft. Finally, I created a mobile based on a terrible young adult novel.

-Bellingham fun, but in King County! Yep, two of my favorite Bellinghamsters - Flanhoodles and T-Rex arms - were in the Seattle area this weekend. You know what that means? It means Pho and dancing to 80's music in their friend's living room. I busted some wild moves and got a rug burn on my knee, but you know it was worth it.

-Unhealthy breakfasts. Now, this pattern won't continue, but nothing kicks of a day like chocolate chip cookies, fo' real. I didn't have any left for this morning, though, so I found some unbaked biscuits in a can and popped them in the oven. [Insert joke about Wrench.] Once they were perfect and warm, I filled them with raspberry jam. What a heavenly morning! But oh, it gets better. The aforementioned Bellinghamsters called me and hollered, "PUT THE BISCUIT DOWN! It's time for brunch at the Pancake House!" To be honest, I didn't put the biscuit down, but I DID join them for strawberries, coffee, and guffaws.

Yes, it was a glorious weekend, and who knows what the last 7 hours and 32 minutes hold? How exciting. How wonderfully, wonderfully exciting.

1 comment:

Nicole Kristine said...

1) You are a hyper-linking maniac.
2) We did have an awesome time in Fremont
3) I am glad you hung out with T-Rex arms and Flanhoodles
4) When can we go to the zoo?