Monday, March 31, 2008

Crash course to a smooth, smooth ride.

The Better Lovers are a rowdy bunch. On the left, you can catch a glimpse of our usual book club activities (though the photo does not include every member).

Thanks to the brilliance of E-Bot (khakis) and Corncake (not pictured), the Better Lovers are expanding our interest. On May 25th, 8 of us will be participating in the world famous Ski to Sea Race.

I'm not kidding!

Ski to Sea begins on Mount Baker and ends in Bellingham Bay. It sounds like Kris (red shirt) will be kicking off the race with the cross-country skiing leg (note clever "kicking off" and "leg" pun), and I (denim jumpsuit) will be finishing it up on the kayak. Downhill skiing, running, road biking, canoeing, and mountain biking have yet to be officially claimed.

If you have a kayak, canoe, wet suit, or, you know, muscles to donate to the cause, your support would be greatly appreciated.

Ok. Exercise time.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I really love that picture.

Kristen said...

I really wish I could remember what we were trying to do in that photo....

Marc in the City said...

Whoa, Kelly, Ski to Sea?... it's gettin', it's gettin', it's gettin' kinda' heavy...

Lynn said...

I ran two miles yesterday.