Sunday, April 20, 2008

30-minute meals > 30-minute biographies

VH1 does "Behind the Music" instead of "Behind the Food" because chefs are boring. Here are some details I learned about Rachael Ray in an unriveting "Chefography" episode:

-When Boo, Rachael Ray's pit bull, died, it was one of the saddest times of her life.
-It should have only taken Rachael and her mom four hours to get to the set of The Today Show, but it was snowing, so it took seven hours.
-Rachael Ray paid $575 a month for her cabin. She rented to own.

I have nothing against Ms. Ray, although I would have appreciated an opium addiction or something to spice up the biography. Healthy, stable people shouldn't be on television.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Totally agree KJW. Maybe if she'd robbed a bank she would be a little more well known.

Deanna Doogan said...

Here is what I have against her: She always says "now we're going to use some EVOO, that stands for extra virgin olive oil". Rachel, if you just said extra virgin olive oil, you would not need a fun little shortcut... it bothers me.