The haircut. Hm. It is a mix between soccer mom, monk, and Language Arts teacher. Hm, again. Too short.But the shoes! Oh, geeze! There was a colorful shop next to BabaLouise called The Sneakery so, of course, I explored it. Any store that is a noun with a "y" added at the end deserves my business. (Examples: The Printery, The Murdery, The Beefy.)
I stroll in, peruse the merchandise, and laugh with/at the salesfolks. We discuss educator shoes and my birthday. I finally select coffee/honey-mustard KangaROOS that, yes, boast a wee pocket! (What will I put in there?!?)
But it gets better. As I was finalizing the financial irresponsibility, the friendly, hipster saleslady said, "Pick some socks! It's your birthday, so pick some free socks!" We were choosing between plaid and hearts when the friendly, hipster salesguy hollered, "Apples! Because you're going to be a teacher!" (He knew this because I told them, not because of my Language Arts teacher haircut.)
So now I have a too-short hair, comfortable shoes with a wee pocket, and light blue knee socks dotted with tiny apples.
Happy birthday, me!
6 comments:
Pot, Kelly Walden. You keep pot in that wee pocket.
Also, way back when you were a mere 22, you mentioned having good haircuts and not looking like that dweeby poof dog. Do you look like hime now, at 23, with your too-short of hair? I dearly hope so. I could use a good laugh.
I want to see a picture of your too-short very cute haircut (with your mouth closed). Ha ha - happy birthday.
Happy birthday KJW. I think you should keep things that you buy from The beefy in your tiny shoe pocket.
Yay for free socks!
I prefer "The Beefery."
Post a Comment