Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Method Paddling: What's My Motivation?

Ski to Sea is on Sunday. I am our team's kayaker. If I start slowing down, I'll think of my teammates waiting on shore, and I'll feel inspired to work harder. If that doesn't work, I will pretend I'm in this situation:

(Yes, this picture is real. That kayaker is actually a shark biologist and was intentionally paddling around in those creature-infested waters. The whole stalked-by-shark thing, however, was unplanned. HOW FREAKY IS THAT?!?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

F-ing hell, shit fire, damnation. You know how they say you should punch a shark in the nose to ward it off? Forget that. Kelly, I think, for your safety, you should carry a pistol on board your kayak. That way you are safe from stalking sharks, dive bombing, crazed seagulls, and you could just show it off to intimidate the competition. Or, to intimidate the competition, we could all suck on alka-seltzers . . . foaming at the mouth can scare a person.

Nicole Kristine said...

Courtney is a little more intense than I had realized.