Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Read a book, read a book.

I submitted my final paper of the quarter twelve minutes ago, and it's time to get my read on.

What's your favorite book and why should I read it?

The whole "encourage me to read your favorite book" has worked well, thus far. Finished Monkey Wrench Gang on Monday (and blew off a lot of studying to do so). Loved it. It didn't convert me to eco-terrorism, but it did convert me to Edward Abbey.

Hey Edward.

("Hey Kelly.")

3 comments:

D.I. Zzo said...

My favorite book is "Les Miserables" by Victor Hugo. I could try to explain why but my words would melt like Icarus' wings as they approached the burning magnificence that is the book itself.

Literarily Yours,
-Diz

KJW said...

You have excellent taste, Bevens. However, I have already read Les Miserables, fallen in love with Les Miserables, and made a permanent space for Les Miserables on my Top 10 Favorite Books Ever.

Lynn said...

My favorite book is Summerland by Michael Chabon, but I know you didn't like it that much.

My favorite author is Madeline L'Engle and I am 2/3rds of the way through reading all the books she has written. I had to slow down my pace because she died last year, and, thus, no more books.