Monday, June 9, 2008

When it's dark inside, too.

"Goodbye lights! Goodbye functioning refrigerator! GOODBYE WIRELESS INTERNET!" These are the things I didn't get to say, because before I even suspected it would happen, the power went out. Just, poof. Gone.

After unsuccessfully searching for my headlamp using the light of my roommate's headlamp, we decided that our best option was to walk ten blocks to Cooper's Alehouse. This bar has board games. I taught the roomie how to play Othello, and she beat me. The loss wasn't my fault, though. No way. I was distracted by nachos and a dart board that had "Supa Bull II" on the bottom. (See photograph.)

We finally agreed that the power should be on and if it wasn't, it was at least late enough for us to fall asleep and not feel like losers. As we walked, we noticed darkness. "Darkness!" we didn't yell but could have, "why are you still around?!" And then lo! The lights came on! Just like that!

"Hello lights! Hello functioning refrigerator! HELLO WIRELESS INTERNET!" From now on, I will be grateful for technology every second I have it. "THANK YOU, WIRELESS INTERNET! Never leave me again."

No comments: