Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Stevie Wonder concert review

You're furious that I haven't written about Stevie yet. Don't deny it. It's obvious. If you weren't mad, you'd have sent me a check for $90.

Well, cool it. Here's how it went down:

Stevie Wonder rocked the house amphitheater. Our posse was relaxing on the lawn with the other commoners who couldn't afford chairs, and he had us laughing and swaying and dancing all the way up there. (You know what's tricky? Dancing on a steep hill. And also finding something imperfect about me.)

Stevie played the sing-alongy stuff (My Cherie Amour, Isn't She Lovely [with his daughter right there! she was one of his backup singers!]), the dancy stuff (Superstitious, Sir Duke), and the talky stuff. Ok, he didn't PLAY the talky stuff. Now you're furious AND picky. But he talked the talky stuff. Like, he discussed the pronunciation of "throat" and told us about his upcoming albums and reminded us how much we do/should love Barack Obama.

Stevie Wonder also proposed to me after the show. We're getting married on a disc golf course. We'll own a mini horse named Zesty.

Yep. Top 5 Favorite Concerts Ever. Good job, Stevie. I like you.

1 comment:

D.I. Zzo said...

I love Stevie. Love love love.