Saturday, September 27, 2008

Yesterday was as fabulous as Ringo in pigtails.

What happened yesterday:

I woke up refreshedish even though I went to sleep late. I was out of Muesli, so I had a good excuse to eat Eggos with peanut butter. Anyone with good taste loves Eggos with peanut butter.

Traffic was as clear as a contact when you are trying to find it on the ground. On the drive, I clicked my iPod to the "rap & hip-hop" genre, where I listened for similes and metaphors.

First and second period were fine. Third period was AMAZING. I taught the best lesson I have ever taught. I used the rap lyrics I listened to that morning. My supervisor watched me rock the house. Students learned well. Students behaved well. I thought it couldn't get any better until...

FREE CUPCAKES, GRAPES, AND COFFEE IN THE LITTLE ROOM WHERE I KEEP MY LUNCH!

Oh, it's not over.

After laughing with/at my students for the rest of the day, I met up with other student-teachers in my area for a pizza slice the size of Greenland. It was delicious and basily. We laughed, we empathized, we nodded along to each other's stories. (The student-teachers, I mean. Not me and the pizza slice.)

I drove home. I listened to the first part of the debate. I pumped my fist at good points/lines.

EBot came over to watch the second half of the debate in my living room. CNN had a little liney-poll the showed what viewers thought. It was close. There was geniune(ish) argument between candidates. Holla' fo' democracy, even one like this.

NicUnCool and Jodi showed me this video. I went to bed at 11:00 pm. Went I awoke at 6 AM in a panic because I'd be late for school, it only took 10 seconds for me to realize it was Saturday. I rejoiced. I went back to sleep.

And here I am. Happy. In my pajamas.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

wowee wow wow wow wowee wow.

Nicole Kristine said...

That is an f'ing good day. Also, I'd like to take credit for most of it.

And free cupcakes? Where do you live - Heaven?

Lynn said...

ha ha ha. i just noticed what this was titled.