Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Obama!

If I have grandkids, they probably won't ask, "G-ma Cool, where were you when Obama became president?" But if they do, I'll say this:

"Young Person Whose Lack of Wrinkles I Envy, I was squished in my bedroom with an Italian, Netherlander, Austrian, and six Americans. We were in Trondheim, Norway, and it was cold outside, but we didn't care. What's a little chill when you have Obama masks, flag bandannas, and champagne? It's nothing, that's what. But you wouldn't understand the concept of 'chill' because my generation drove too much and caused global climate change. Sorry about that, darling."

Then I would step on my hoverboard, float into my bedroom, and retrieve these pictures from my titanium closet:



I would force Hypothetical Grandkid to sit down on the couch and look at my pictures, even though they'd rather play 3D skateboard games on the Game Wall. ("More like LAME Wall!" I'd joke.) And one day, they would appreciate these pictures. They really would.

No comments: