I had an informal meeting at noon today with the student assistant and one of my fellow student teachers. I went to bed at 11, assuming I'd wake up in pleeeenty of time to make a delicious breakfast of eggs, sausage, and toast, and then mosey out the door.
Instead, I woke up at 1. One! In the afternoon! How did this happen?
So, I wrote an apologetic email, forgave myself for all the sleep, and moved onto breakfast. However, it turns out that the "sausage" I bought is not sausage at all. The dictionary says it's some kind of compound word meaning "serve lazy." Bad sign. Judging by the texture, I think it is some kind of liverwurst. In case it actually does need to be cooked, though, I'm not going to eat it until a Norwegian confirms what is in that red tube of meat.
Now I am watching ski jumping and researching places to buy an alarm clock. The sun is hovering over the horizon. Thus is life today.
No comments:
Post a Comment