Monday, January 12, 2009

Sore Thoat (intentional misspelling that only a certain DWH will understand)

Yesterday, I felt a little coughy. This morning, I felt a lot sore throaty. Nooo!

So, after painfully conversing with the following people:
-Luis, last roommate to move in
-Devin, fellow American on bus
-Teachers mentioned in the last post
...I decided to buy cough drops. Fortunately for me, I remember things from high school, like when my German teacher said that in Germany, you had to buy medicine at the pharmacy, which was called the "apoteka" or something.

Germany is like Norway, right? Right. So I moseyed into the "Apotek" downtown and purchased some Ricola. Riiiiiicolaaaa. And my throat feels a tiny bit better.

You're welcome for telling you this awesome story.

Edit: I just saw cough drops at the grocery store. Still, I rule for knowing about the Apotek.

2 comments:

Nicole Kristine said...

So I couldn't figure out what the misspelling was. What a dork I am. I was pretty certain you meant "soar" like flying, but I couldn't figure out how that would make any sense. Are you supposed to spell it soar throat? No, that's not right. I ALMOST WENT CRAZY.

But then I figured it out. Well, me and DWH.

Nicole Kristine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.