Sunday, February 1, 2009

23

I don't know any songs that mention being 22 or 24, but 23 is clearly a prime age for writing music.

In "Gangsta's Paradise" Coolio raps, "I'm 23. Will I ever live to see 24? The way things is going I don't know."

Coolio and I do not have this in common. I am confident I will live to see 24. Also, my momma doesn't think my mind is going. (Right, Ma?) That's another thing that's different about me and Coolio.

Another ditty that references 23 is "What's My Age Again", by those tattooed boys from Blink 182. Remember? Remember how they say, "Nobody likes you when you're 23"?

Like with ol' Cooly Cools, Blink 182 and I don't have this in common. I think it's because my friends are less snooty than Blink 182's friends. They wouldn't look down on me for making prank phone calls. In fact, they would probably join me. They might host a prank call party!

In sum, you need to write a song about being 23 that applies to my life. You could call it "Drinking Water and Blogging" or "It's 10:56 and Past My Bedtime" or "YOU 23 AND DA BOMB, KELLY!!!!!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a great mind, you're cute, and sweet.

Nicole Kristine said...

There is a song CALLED "24." I don't remember who it is by. I will check and then you can listen to it.

Nicole Kristine said...

Okay it is by Switchfoot. It is a Christian song and that's why I knew it. He wrote it on his 24th birthday.

There are also songs that feature the number 24 by Jem and TI, but I don't thik they are aboug the age of 24. Just FYI.