Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

My boyfriend is so adorable you are going to flop your head on the couch. He sent me a card with a basset hound on the cover - you know how I love stubby dogs - and this poem:

I was going to mail you a box on V-day,
But this puppy card was cuter,

This package was too heavy,

And the postage cost more than a computer.


If I mailed you the package to Norway,

It might make it to you in June,

But by that time you'd be with me,

And we can whistle a
romantic tune.

I honestly bought you a can of beans,
Because I know you miss them a lot,

For now your dry beans will have to suffice,

If you soak them in a pot.


When you come visit with Steve and Renee,
You can keep them awake and perky,

Tell them funny stories and jokes,
And eat four pounds of jerky.


There is a plethora of wildlife in Jackson,
For you to ogle, spot, sight, and stare,

I'll find you a moose, an elk, and a goose,
And I promise you'll see a bear.


Beans! Bears! This is why we were recently voted Northern Hemisphere's Most Precious Couple.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is silly that Kelly and I will whistle a romantic tune, even though Kelly can't whistle. I'll do the whistling, and Kelly can do whistle-syncing.

KJW said...

I can half whistle.