Sunday, March 1, 2009

Why I slept in until nine!

Our building's front door is locked, so when a guest wants in, they push a button outside next to a button that says your room number. Then a phone in your room goes "BOODLEDOO BOODLEDOO BOODLEDOO!"

I usually like it, but somebody - a drunk, I suspect - BOODLEDOO'd my room three times at three in the morning. Here's how it went:

Phone: BOODLE DOO.
Kelly: Whoooo disturbs my sluuumbeeeerrrr?
I give the phone the stink eye and go back to sleep.
::one or ten or thirty second silence::
Phone: BOODLE DOO.
Kelly: Stop! Stop boodle dooing my room!
Phone: BOODLE DOO! BOODLE DOO! BOODLE DOO!
Kelly: You win!
I got out of bed, bzzzted the key button, and let whoever it was in the building. After sitting on my bed for a moment to make sure no one actually was coming to visit me, I went back to sleep and dreamed about fruit.

(The fact that Sara and I were once locked out at midnightish and had to randomly BOODLE DOO neighbors... and then have an Italian boost me into Sara's roommate's second story window... does not make me any more sympathetic to the fool that awoke me.)

1 comment:

saraike3 said...

which went into one of your top 5 night ever.. because of the break in! i love it, and i love carlo.