Saturday, October 3, 2009

Project KRAP - Week 1

I'm adultish now, and adult(ish)s should be able to cook like whoa. Both my parents are adults, and they are master chefs. My mom makes fantastic salmon, produces delicious soup from scratch, and can make any part of a cow taste fabulous. My dad can cook mac'n'cheese without even looking at the directions on the box. See? They're real adults.

I have a plan to rise to their adult-cook status, and it has a name: Project Kelly's Really Awesome Provisions, a.k.a. Project KRAP.

Here's how it works: every week, I choose to cook with an ingredient I have never used before. Then... nothing! That's it! Project KRAP is simple to accommodate my tendency to half-ass new hobbies.

So that's it. I'm going to try stuff other than ground turkey and black beans. In ten years, I should be comfortable with 520 new ingredients starting with PEPPERONCINI. I even made up my first recipe!

Here it is:
-Cut up a pepperoncini
-Put the pieces on Triscuits

So far, Project KRAP is a huge success.

Edit from later
Please suggest ingredients! Here are the qualities I'm looking for:
-Somewhat affordable to cheapcheapcheap
-Something I'm probably not comfortable cooking yet
-Awesome
-Fruits and veggies in season

2 comments:

Lynn said...

can i select ingredients for you? i am awesome at that. it will be like your very own kitchen stadium.

KJW said...

Yes, as long as one of them is, "CAPERS!!!" and you say it like what's-his-face. The landlord or prime minister or head honcho. What's his title?