Friday, November 20, 2009

On Monday, I joined the YMCA.

My new YMCA membership evinces much about me and my life:
-I desperately need racquetball partners.
-I overestimated the misery required in getting to my target heart rate.
-I laugh out loud when I'm not supposed to.

I want to elaborate on this last bit. Yesterday, I was ellipticalling when my neighbor made a noise. I thought, "She must be exercising like a madwoman to be emitting noises like that!" Then I switched my fancy elliptical TV to Family Guy. Everything's lovely, la da da, when "[insert deep nose noise]". I made the noise! It was a laugh! And it was a little embarrassing!

But then I felt some camaraderie with the lady next to me, and we continued to get our cardio on while snorting like semi-fit pigs to Family Guy (me) and King of Queens (her).

Successful workout.

1 comment:

saraike3 said...

German instructor + step aerobics Wed night = killer!