At 3:10ish, I arrived at the library. I sat down next to an old man who looked like he'd hunt giant squid. He glanced over as I read Time. (By the way, how awful is the new Newsweek format?). I don't know why. I removed my hat and put it in my lap. It fell on the floor a few times.
Then I left the library. I walked to Safeway where I bought two rolls of paper towels, four Pink Lady apples, and a Dove dark chocolate bar (strategically located next to the tampons). Those were the only three items on my list. Self-control while shopping is one of my numerous strengths.THIS IS WHERE THE MAGIC BEGINS, so don't stop reading. I was at the corner of Admiral and California - Admiral Junction, if you will. I could have gone west or north since my home was northwest. A former student whose name I can't remember was west, so I chose south. As I started to cross, I saw the scraggly, possible squid hunter... with my hat!
OH MY GOODNESS!
He waved to me and said, "You dropped this, and then you hurried out of the library so I couldn't give this to you! I can't believe we actually ran into each other!" Woweewowow. Since we were in the middle of the crosswalk, the cars stopped at the light were probably also enchanted by this moment.
Woweewowow again. Woweewow.
I saw where the guy lived, so I might leave him a cookie or something. I like that gray hat.
1 comment:
What a nice homeless man!!
Post a Comment