For an English teacher, I'm not persnickity about grammar. Honestly. If a person says "safe" when they should have "safely", I don't judge. When I read "gonna" in my students' papers, I don't freak out.But for some reason, I struggle to respect those who consistently mix up "you're" and "your". If I send you "Thanks!" via text and you respond "Your welcome", I'll squint my eyes in anger and make a mental note to no longer express gratitude to you.
Overall, though, I love all words and the people who say them. Your all super!
I don't know if I have the strength to let that joke remain.
4 comments:
Hey, did you realize that you put "your" instead of "you're" at the end of your post?
...of course you did. : )
Or were you simply talking about my "all super"? It's kind of like the "all spark" only it's mine, and heavier.
Also, I also hate it when people do that! It even bothers me in text messages.
That is as common as people screwing up to and too... blah
Dear Grammar Police,
What words do you not capitalize in a title?
From,
Confused Capitalizer.
BL, Of COURSE it was intentional. Who do you think I am? Do you think I am a WSU graduate?
Budz, I also see numerous "there", "their", "they're" mix ups. Still, it's the "you're" and "your" that really get me.
SJI, You don't capitalize the itsy words, like "the" and "and". Some are subjective. Don't fret too much about it.
Post a Comment