Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fiance schmiance

Oh, what's that on my left hand? Ok, nothing. But what will be on my left hand after it's done being resized?

An engagement ring!

From Drew!

I am engaged to Drew. Here are some things that will be different after we're married:

-Drew will be less supportive of my signature, because to him it's ok that I blur "Walden" but not "Hambleton". Psh.

-Drew will be half responsible for cleaning up cat puke. Well, Abe's puke, not all the cat puke in the world. That's not how marriage works.

-I can say "father-in-law" and "sister-in-law" isntead of "boyfriend's dad" and "boyfriend's brother's wife". Hurrah for brevity!

-Maybe we'll get in a fight. I think married people do that sometimes. The angriest I've ever been at Drew was loosely related to chocolate chip mint ice cream, and within seconds, my rage went from "I'm never talking to Drew again!" to "I'm never talking to Drew again... for 24 hours!" to "I'm never talking to Drew again... for 8 hours!" which was how long I slept. So I totally kept that last one.

Happy engagement, us!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

YES!!!!

(I've been wearing my engagement ring on my pinky since receiving it. Good for you for getting to the resizing promptly.

Kristen said...

Huzzaahhh!!! I'm so excited for your wedding! When's it going to be anyway???