After a long morn' of pulling shots and foaming milk, I headed down to ol' Pike Place Market with some pals. Man. Maaaan. I wish I weren't the brokest broke broke-ass you've ever met.If I had money, I would have bought these items:
+ Orange-vanilla hazelnuts
+ Dragon's teardrops tea
+ Batard bread (but only so I could say, "Would you like some batard?")
+ One of those lotiony bars
+ Lots and lots of fresh produce
You know how broke I am? I am so broke that I've only bought one pomegranate all season. And I charged it.
(Editor's Note: The author realizes that, in the grand scheme of things, she is fortunate to have a warm home, comfortable clothes, and be attending grad school and one of the best-respected Colleges of Education in the nation. However, she is a little sad that once she graduates, her debt will be more than her first year's salary. The author is considering singing Cher's "Life After Love" at the market with her favorite cowgirl hat on the ground, hoping to make at least enough money to fill her gas tank for the Christmas Eve drive to Puyallup.)
(Another Editor's Note: The author also realizes that she COULD be working another job to get further out of debt, but she prefers writing posts like these and dancing alone to The Fratellies wearing only sweats and a cami.)
(Even More From the Editor: Ok, I admit it. Debt or no debt, life is pretty dang fabulous. And I DID buy 3 chocolate croissants for this morning's Gma-Ma-KJW Brunch.)
1 comment:
I feel ya walden. I am broke as anything as well, and soon to add the grad school student loan debts on to that... Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment