I am in New Mexico. I am in a wool hat. I am in teresting. Interesting.Brother and I just returned from an overnight adventure in Southeast New Mexico. Our first stop of note was the Roswell Wal-Mart, where we peed. In the bathroom, I met this tiny green person who said, "Kellllly! Fly away with me to another universe!" I responded, "T. Green, I'm sorry. I am on my way to the Carlsbad Caverns."
(INTERRUPTION: "That was the night with the iguana in the bathroom!" exclaimed Andy. "Yeah! Yeah, in my bathroom! I came out of the shower, grabbed my towel, and there was the iguana! So I jumped on the counter for the second time," said Naomi.)
So, Tiny and I parted ways, and Bro and I got back on the road. We arrived in Carlsbad around 8 PM, reserved an affordable room with black mold (but no cockroaches!), and ate at Chili's. It was not delicious.
I am getting bored and I want to hear more Andy and Naomi stories, so I am changing tone and going to be succinct.
("For every shot we passed, he took it."
"It was the economical thing to do!"
"You could have poured it back."
"It was the economical thing to do!"
"You could have poured it back."
"Not at that point.")
We explored the Carlsbad Caverns. At one point, I could not see my hand in front of my face. I
tried really hard. Whoooa. Stalagtites! Sulfuric acid! Stupendous scenes! Look at this picture, and realize it is a 1,000 times cooler. That is how amazing it is. I will go back.
tried really hard. Whoooa. Stalagtites! Sulfuric acid! Stupendous scenes! Look at this picture, and realize it is a 1,000 times cooler. That is how amazing it is. I will go back.("She drew the plans in feet, but the construction workers built it in meters! It was three times as big as it was supposed to be!")
Ok, I am enjoying this conversation too dang much. You'll hear about White Sands later. Probably. And remind me to tell you about New Year's Eve, especially the fake bull in the neighbor's backyard. Yeehaw, 2008!
("Do you remember how the iguana moved in Rescuers Down Under? That's how they really ran! Like this!" [Awkward flailing.])
No comments:
Post a Comment