Ok, Brother taught me how to run like an iguana, so now it's out of our system.
After Carlsbad Caverns, we ventured over to the White Sands Monument, nestled snugly in the White Sands Missile Range. No thanks to a few coffee breaks, watching real cowboys buy burritos, and stopping to take unbelievable views (pictures to come), we arrived as the National Monument was closing. Boooo!
Here were the upsides:
1. We were not the victims of friendly fire via missile test.
2. The sunset was possibly the most gorgeous, purpley, Barbara Kingsolveresque sunset either of us have seen. (Us = you and me. I make assumptions about your sunset experiences.)
3. Sand dunes are weird and fascinating. They sprung out of nowhere in the middle of a valley between two mountains. The sand may or may not have originated from goblins. I'm not sure. Let the Google researching begin! But after this post.
Oh, ok, turns out I am done with this post, so the Google researching will begin now.
Edit: Some lake is responsible for the dunes. I don't like that. I will get together with the folks who named the Boston Massacre the "Boston Massacre" (there was no "massacre"! and the British soldiers were justifiably afraid for their lives!) and alter textbooks to better reflect the Dunes' goblin beginnings.
1 comment:
Kelly I love your sense of humor. Your posts are the best.
Post a Comment