Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Follow the sparkles

If I were a rock star, I would wear sparkly clothes. Here's why:

1. When you are a rock star, you can wear anything and people say, "Rock!" instead of, "That's a little silly."

2. My rock concerts would feature fire blowers, fire throwers, fire mowers, etc. My sparkly clothes would reflect all this fire.

3. My fans wouldn't have to do drugs because watching me hop around in my sparkly clothes would be a natural high.

4. If my band members couldn't find me in the heat of all the rock music craziness, all they would have to do is search for the sparkles. Then, in an interview, they would say something like, "When we can't find our Kel Bel, we just follow the sparkles." "Follow the sparkles" would become a big catch phrase. We'd name our second tour "Follow the Sparkles! Rock!"

5. I could write a rock song about the importance of small class size, and people would take me seriously because I would be wearing sparkly clothes.

However, I am not a rock star. I am a student teacher. Ann Taylor Loft doesn't sell sparkly clothes.

The sacrifices I make for the future of America.

1 comment:

Nicole Kristine said...

That made me laugh out loud. Very, very loudly. At work. While my director was in a meeting with a city council member. And she left the door open.

And I couldn't stop laughing picturing you on stage with fire blowers. In a full length sparkly outfit.

I just laughed again, just thinking about it. I think the city council member thinks I'm mentally ill.

Ha. Ha. Hahahahha. Now I can't stop again.