And he's the reason I think, "Cheep, cheep, cheep!" every time someone says, "Happy Easter!"
Eight years ago, Ma and I got some free, noisy stuffed bird at the Bon Marche. (Take that, Macy's takeover. Bon, you will live forever through my blog!) Now, Busty Bust is not a terribly playful dog, and he only fetches when he is trying to show up Blue (the black dog), but boy oh boy. Bust could not get enough of that cheepy bird. He'd carry it around the house, lay down and lick it, and just be cute and annoying overall. Adorable dog with adorable stuffed animal = cute. Year round "Happy Easter! Cheep cheep cheep!" = annoying.
Fortunately, the lab destroyed the toy in a fit of happiness.
In conclusion, if you show up at my house today and say, "Happy Easter!", expect someone to say "Cheep cheep cheep!" For real.
2 comments:
I love your dogs and have been plotting for some time now to drive to Puyallup and covertly kidnap them. When you call to tell of this heartbreaking mystery, I will stifle the playful yips in the background by throwing a stuffed "Cheeping" bird to Buster and letting him gnaw on it in peace.
I remember that damn bird.
Post a Comment