Monday, July 7, 2008

10 months sans furniture

I am moving in one month. Moving is not da bomb. Moving is more like da green zone. (You see how I exposed the weirdness of that "bomb" slang? Why would anyone want bombs? But I guess they do, so I will use it in the positive light that those silly teens do.)

Last week, I moved the winter coats. This week, I am moving books and DVDs. Next week, I am moving... well, not a lot. Maybe my booty, if I can convince some friends to go dancing. (Here, I used three different tenses of the root word "move." Not everyone can do that. Like, people who don't know English very well, that'd probably be hard for them.)

Anyway, I am getting rid of lots of crap cool stuff. Want any of this?
-My gray couch with lots of history and memories.
-My coffee table with some permanent marker stains that are easily covered up.
-My silvery bed futon, dreams and mattress included.
-All of my VHS's, including Star Wars and Tarzan and Big Bird in Japan.
-Some of my books, several them about being a good teacher.
-Tens of thousands of dollars of students loans that I would be happy to put in your name.
-Abraham Lincoln. Psych. Even though I am kind of mad at him for trying to tip over my Harry Potter glass RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, I still think he's all right.

Roomie gets first dibs. Y'all get second. Strangers from Craigslist get third.

No comments: