Saturday, August 2, 2008

Seattle Public Library - Champion of the World

Seattle Public Library, you own my heart. Every speckle. Each tiny, teensy sliver.

This recent declaration of love was prompted by two compact discs: Keller Williams' Keller & The Keels, and Common's Thisisme Then.

I don't always peruse the music section of the library. On foolish days, I select my books and mosey. But the other afternoon, I was like, "New music time!" I flipped through the rap section, discs clacking away, when I came up on the Common compilation. Smartish people have said positive things about Common, so I picked it up.

Hooray!
Hooray!

Then I decided that I wanted some quality country or bluegrass. Filtering through the ever-horrible Toby Keith was worth it once I discovered this Keller Williams album. I'd heard of the guy - in fact, I took a picture of my old roomie below a Keller Williams poster in a restroom - so I thought it wise to check it out.

Hurrah!
Hurrah!

Two of my favorite albums already. I uploaded both. My iPod will whoosh them out of my car speakers, and I will try to rap/sing along even though I don't know the words.

Seattle Public Library, thanks for giving me free music. As a token of my gratitude, I will pay that $3 late fee. And I will blog about you. Oh, oh, that's done!

1 comment:

D.I. Zzo said...

"This Is Me Then" is a terrific album. I am very impressed. It's always great to meet another Common fan. if you like his stuff, you should check out Lupe Fiasco.