Monday, December 15, 2008

Into the book

Even though I'm not a fan of the "white boy living in the woods" genre (at least on principle... I admit they can be fun), I am going to start reading Into the Wild today. The reasons are twofold.

First, I want to see the movie. The soundtrack is supposedly awesome, and Emile Hirsch is kind of dreamy. Plus, you know, they say it's kind of good, and I don't like reading books after the movie, once the producer has formulated all the images of the characters and settings for me.

Second, it might motivate me to stop whining about my moderately cold toes. My triplex is cozier than "the wild."

I'll tell you how it was. Maybe.

1 comment:

Deanna Doogan said...

I also read it recently because I wanted to see the movie. The book was pretty good, not great ... I have not seen the movie ... yet.