Saturday, January 10, 2009

This list may or may not continue in future entries

Here are some things that, as far as I can tell, are the same in Norway and the United States:

1. Fire. Fire here - candles, wood stoves, etc. - looks just like fire at home.

2. Asphalt. Still dark, still hard, still often driven and walked upon.

3. My inability to find wild bears. It seems that the U.S. and Norway are in cahoots to prevent me from seeing a wild bear. As a guest in this country, I should be polite and say, "It's ok. I don't need to see a bear." But you know what? I do. I do need to see a bear.

4. Feeling cold/warm. In both countries, humans feel cold and warm, depending on the temperature.

More insightful observations to come.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

what about health care policy? is it the same in norway and the us? if not, can you blog in-depthly about the similarities and differences?

Nicole Kristine said...

What about mental illness statistics? Or child mortality rates?

saraike3 said...

I'm glad the University of Washington sent you. I mean, wow, your research is incredible.

By the way, I've seen a wild bear, east of seattle, near the mailbox trailhead. It was awesome.

Your post is better, but I still get the point for the bear sighting! hehe