My students are cooler than I was at their age. The one category where I was superior to them, though, is the Silly Hat Category. I'm not sure how many of them truly appreciate silly hats.Silly hats or no silly hats, I like my job and students, even the ones who don't shut up. Nineteen-year-olds are waaaaay better at cutting off conversation than fourteen-year-olds, though. Goofy fourteen-year-olds.
GET LIVES, FOURTEEN-YEAR-OLDS.
Continue being my students, nineteen-year-olds.
(Note: I acknowledge the cruel irony of my talkativeness. I can't shut up, either. I acknowledge it. Even in teacher school, I was having conversations while my professor was talking. It wasn't even about important stuff. Mainly, we tried to use Britney Spears song titles in every sentence, like, "Isn't this assignment toxic?" "Oh yeah, I feel like I'm a slave 4 you. I mean, slave 2 the professor's syllabus.")
1 comment:
You don't even wear that many silly hats.
Post a Comment