Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Project KRAP continues

I have so much to tell you.

Project KRAP - Week Peperoncini: I learned all the important stuff about peperoncinis, namely that are best used as a delicate accessory. I enjoy them in tuna sandwiches, quesadillas, and Triscuit concoctions. I have also eaten them on pizza. That's always a thrill.

Project KRAP - Week Butternut and Spaghetti Squash: First, it was all squash. Then it was just b'nut. I finally settled on B'nut AND Spaghetti because I was so fascinated by the latter, and you know what? I don't regret it. We all know Butternut squash is da bomb diggity (even when it breaks your food processor... shoot), but the Spag.! What a treat!

Bake that thing, and then take a fork to it like there's no tomorrow. The result is spaghetti-like strands of squash that will make your senses form a boy band. It's exhilarating.

Project KRAP - Week Sweet Potato: It's just starting! My first task was to differentiate between yam and sweet potato. Done. Tomorrow, I make them into fries! Since regular potato bakeage ain't no thang, I'm going to pretend that I've done that, too. Hollaaaa sweet potato!

Ingredients to come:
-Mushroom (the cheap kind... starts with a "ch")
-Fig
-Parsnip (right now, I don't even know what a freaking parsnip is!)
-Venison, if one of my friends takes up hunting and shoots me dinner
-Other stuff you might recommend

1 comment:

Lynn said...

what about eggplant? huh?