Cross-country skiing: Me. I got fifth place... or fifth from last. Actually, I only noticed four people behind me, but records indicate there were more. Next year, I intend to get fifth from first. You heard it here first!Downhill snowboarding: Michelle. She is my original hiking buddy, and she is the world's most mountain-goat-like human... in climbing ability, not looks. (She is definitely hoofless.) Michelle was amazing. She sprinted up a mountain passing dozens and then flew down in time measurements so small there are not yet words for it. That's incredible, because there are lots of words for time measurements.
Running: EThomps. EThomps' knees took it for the team as she sprinted down Mount Baker ahead of all those fools whose teams Michelle had passed. She was a stud. AND SHE SAW A BEAR! As much as I need to see a wild bear, I would not trade places with EThomps because running 8 miles down a mountain is ridiculous and only mad, athletic folks like EThomps do things like that.
Road biking: Lynn. Lynn zoomed nearly 40 miles to Everson and, as far as we know, was never attacked by anything from above. This includes both birds and anvils. She was, however, attacked by the enthusiastic
screams of her teammates as they/we drove by in a tizzy of support.Canoing (is that really how you spell it?): EBot and Courthouse. These two blockheads were not blockheady on the Nooksack River! No, no, they paddled their way to v-i-c-t-o-r-y with strength, intellect, and images in their heads of men in red dresses.
Mountain biking: Jodi. Jodi was our star athlete. When she finished her racey leg, her body legs were covered with mud and success. She came in 104th overall! Out of, like, 400 people! Geeze, Jodi is fast.
Kayaking: Bethany Jean. Bethany not only rocked the kayak better than I did last year (rocking as in "did a swell job", not a "made the boat floop back and forth"), but she wore a cuter hat! OMG, Beth! Additionally, she crossed the finish leg with flair as she unintentionally did the Stanky Leg while ringing the Bell of Glory.
Managing/Driving: Ghetto Pig. Last year, G.P. saved the day by coasting down the mountain with only cubic centimeters of gasoline left in the car. This year, she planned ahead and didn't even need to coast! After the race, she was selected as MVP and next-book-chooser for the Book Club portion of our Book Club/Ski to Sea team.Assistant to the Managering/Video taping: NicUnCool. NicUnCool had to work for Jesus Sunday morning, but she carried her weight - in this case, "weight" means "cooler" - later in the day. Plus, she and Ghetto Pig chose some excellent crafts for the Eve of Race dinner. I admit, I gave NicUnCool a hard time for mixing up her priorities the first half of race day, but she did all right. She did alllllll right.
1 comment:
That's right I did all right. I did so all right that I did aight. I think you can say i did aight.
Post a Comment